Tuesday, April 14, 2015

AP Concentration Statement


  1.  Read examples of concentration statement: See links below

    What is the central idea of your concentration?
    The central idea for my concentration is to do intricate studies of fruits and vegetables. 

    How does the work in your concentration demonstrate the exploration of your idea? You may refer to specific images as examples.
    My concentration was inspired by the many colors, shapes and unique textures I saw in the produce section of the grocery store. My goal was to create drawings that emphasized color and detailed texture in a photo realistic style. I purposely cropped the images so that the viewer felt as if they were viewing the detail of the produce through a magnifying glass. As my concentration progressed, I developed a heightened awareness of value and contrast. Beginning with image 5, I utilized deep shadows and extreme highlights to emphasize the form of the produce. I also became more and more detailed with the drawings, paying attention to fine line work such as in images 10 and 11. By the end of the concentration, I feel that my drawings had become confident, bold expressions of the fruits and vegetables that inspired me.


    II. Turn in your concentration statement to me today before midnight.  Answer all the questions on the AP site.  After I respond.  Load it. (This will be a grade in gradebook)
    1. http://apcentral.collegeboard.com/apc/members/exam/exam_information/218399.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment